Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Is this good daddy? If not send me an e-mail

Kick'n it on the Vermillion River

When the first time my mom told me that she had breast cancer I was shocked. I guess that wasn't what I expected to hear, but I new I would have to do something about it. Then she got her hair shaved off. Wow was that an experience! We went out shopping for bandannas scarfs and hats.

Then the big stuff, the chemo treatments. First it was once a month then every two weeks then every week on Friday. After her treatments, she gets very tired.

So I am really trying to help out at home. Always listen. Help out do the dishes, wash cloths, and be responsible. So just wanted to let everyone know that there is a lot going on and I am trying to be helpful.

Boo

[Boo - Perfect Boo!! Just perfect!! Love Dad]

2 comments:

Silbs said...

Good for you. I am sure your mom appreciates you and dad's support. Family is so important, especially when someone is going through an illness. I hope all turns out well.

Kristen said...

Hi Boo! I was a bit older than you when my mum got cancer, but being around to help (flying home first from New York and then the Netherlands) means everything to mums.

This is a tough time for you too, so make sure any questions or worries you have you also share with your dad - he's got big shoulders and he sure does love you.