Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Training


-
My dad said I should add some stuff to my blog while I am on break and some of my friends and family have asked my Dad and I how we will train for the Everglades Challenge. So here goes.
-
I have a 4 day work out plan, but have been missing stuff cause of the holidays and school.
-
There are are a lot of stomach and back exercises that my Dad showed me. Torso twists, crunches and flutter kicks. Then I do these bent over rows and swimmers things which my dad invented for shoulders and back. I also do push-ups and chair dips.
-
Right now I am doing 2 sets of 15 each. I will go up a set each week until I hit 6 sets. Then my dad said I should back off for two weeks before the event, but still get workouts in.
-
My dad spends hours on the paddling simulator watching old movies, but also does weights and stomach stuff. I don't have one of those at my mom's house so I just do the exercises.
-
If the weather is good we may go paddling on New Years Day with the paddle club on Columbia Lake. It never freezes cause it is a lake used for cooling the power plant. The water is very warm and there is a fog that is created. We will paddle our two person canoe so we can practice together.
-
The End
-
Boo

No comments: